Benefits of using the One Scotland Gazetteer data
As the data is being maintained by those who create or amend the official address for a property, the One Scotland Gazetteer is the most up to date source of address information.
- Faster, more efficient public services through a centralised address source.
- High level of data currency and reliability along with a robust change feedback mechanism ensuring user confidence.
- Potential to support multiple-government applications and build address links through the Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN).
- Availability to OneScotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA) members producing cost efficiencies both at local and national level.
- A spatial reference for every record means that data can be incorporated into Geographical Information Systems and combined with additional datasets or overlaid on vector or raster data.
- Additional information such as the status of a property (for example, in use or historical) or important dates in its lifecycle (date the record was created or last updated) can help expand the potential uses of the data.
Current Users of the One Scotland Gazetteer >